Students entering grades 8-12 in the fall of 2023 are eligible to volunteer at Summer At Sacred Heart.
Volunteers must be willing and able to commit to the hours of 8:15 am – 3:15 pm for the full week during which they would like to volunteer.
Volunteers follow the same schedule as the instructors
- 8:15 am: Arrive at the church for daily Mass
- 9:00 am: Report to the gym for camper arrival
- 12:15 pm: Camper dismissal
- 12:30 pm: All staff and volunteers report for lunch (provided by SASH)
- 1:30 pm: Daily wrap-up meeting
- 1:45 pm: Theology talk
- 2:30 pm: Adoration
- 3:15 pm: Volunteers are picked up at the church
Volunteering will be done on a week-by-week basis.
In late May, all volunteers who have registered online will receive an email invitation to the Volunteer Welcome/Orientation Night that usually takes place during the first or second week of June.
Uniform/Dress Code: While working, all volunteers, be they gentlemen or women, shall wear shorts that reach six inches or less from the knees, jeans or pants (women may also wear dresses/skirts that fall below the knee) and shall wear a camp volunteer tee-shirt (provided at no cost). Yoga style pants are not acceptable.
All questions or concerns regarding volunteering should be directed to Chris Ricketts at firstname.lastname@example.org.