We have several different job openings within our program. We would love to have you on our team!
- Instructor: Our instructors are the ones leading the camps, providing a positive role model, enthusiasm, and guidance to make sure everyone has a good time. They also design the camps during the training weeks. This gives instructors direct ownership over what they do in the camps. Instructor hours are generally from 8:15 am to 3:30 pm.
- Pre-K Instructor: We have specific camps for our campers ages 3-5. If you love working with this age group, this is the job for you! Pre-K instructors primarily work with the Pre-K camps to ensure consistency with the campers. The hours for this position are generally 8:15 am to 3:30 pm.
- Admin Assistant: Admin assistants work behind the scenes compiling the daily rosters, managing the SASH office, and supporting the camps. Will use Excel, Word, and Sharepoint. The hours for this position are generally 8:15 am to 3:30 pm.
- Supply Chief: This is a new position we created this year! This person will keep a running inventory of all SASH supplies, organize and distribute camp supplies, place supply orders, and work, with the admins to ensure that each camp has what it needs. The hours for this position are generally 8:15 am to 3:30 pm. Must be able to work independently.
- Afternoon Camp Instructor: Our afternoon camps go all the way until 6:00 pm for those who enjoy the camp experience. As an Afternoon Camp Instructor, you will supervise and engagement the campers in the various activities planned for aftercare. The work day for the afternoon camp instructor will start at 10 am and potentially go until 6 pm.
- Camp Development Director: This is a position for someone who has previous SASH experience. The CDD creates the weekly schedules for instructors for their camps, approves camp lesson plans, helps the staff develop and implement their camps, and provide general support and supervision of the entire camp program. The hours for this position are generally 8:15 am to 3:30 pm.
- Pre-K Director: This is also a position for someone with previous SASH experience, preferably in the pre-k program. The Pre-K Director oversees the safety and development of the camps we offer to our 3-5 year old campers, including instructor training and scheduling. The hours for this position are generally 8:15 am to 3:30 pm.
Instructor Expectations and Responsibilities
The staff is the backbone of this entire program. As an instructor, you are responsible for running safe and fun camps for your campers. We will have three weeks of training prior to the start of camp in which you will be trained to effectively perform your job duties. Instructor expectations include the following:
- Developing and planning fun and engaging camps (We show you how!)
- Participate in planned instructor activities
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Create a safe environment in which your campers can flourish
- Have fun!